Bluevine gives you the option to pay vendors using your credit card, then have your payment delivered via ACH, wire transfer1, or physical check2. This feature means you can easily set up one-time payment or recurring payments by using your credit card to pay most vendors that don't typically accept credit card payments.3
How to set up payments with your credit card
Adding your credit card to your dashboard
Before you can use your credit card as a Pay from option within the Payments tab, you’ll need to add your credit card to your external accounts.
- Sign in to your Bluevine dashboard4
Click External Accounts on the left-hand menu, then Cards
- Click Add Card, and a small pop-up window will appear
Input the requested credit card information5
Use the drop-down menu to select the billing address or manually add the billing address
Make sure you’ve entered the correct information and then select Add Card, located on the bottom right of the pop-up window
Verifying your credit card
To verify the credit card, you’ll be required to locate two micro-charges to the card from Bluevine. Bluevine will reverse the micro-charges from BV*Temp within 48 hours.
- Review the transaction activity history for the credit card you are verifying6
- Locate the two mirco-charges from BV*Temp in your credit card transaction history
- Document the amounts of the two micro-charges
- Navigate back to your Bluevine dashboard
- Input the micro-charge amounts into the two open fields
- Before selecting Verify Card, double-check that the amounts you entered reflect the micro-charges in your credit card transaction history. If you input the incorrect amounts multiple times, you’ll receive an error message and will need to restart the verification process
- Click Verify Card
- If your credit card verification was successful, you’ll receive a message confirming that the credit card has been added to your external accounts. You’ll also receive an email notification
- Navigate to External Accounts, then to Cards to view your newly added credit card
Note: Once you’ve added the credit card to your external accounts, you can only edit the billing address. If you need to edit additional credit card information, first delete the card with the incorrect information and then follow this process again with the new information.
Using your credit card to pay bills
Once you’ve added your credit card to your external accounts, you can use it as a Pay from option within the Payments feature for new and existing payments.7
Choose how your payee receives your payment:
- ePayment (Payee added from list of registered payees): 4–6 business days to post
- ACH transfer: 3–4 business days to post
- Wire payment8: typically takes one business day to post. A $15.00 outgoing wire fee will also be applied
- Physical check: the confirmation screen will indicate the date the vendor will receive the check, generally between 6–8 business days. A fee of $1.50 per check applies.
Are there any fees associated with paying bills by credit card?
Yes, there is a 2.9% fee per transaction. You will have the option to review the fee amount in the confirmation screen before completing the payment if you choose your credit card as the Pay from option.
Note: If you’re sending a wire payment, a $15.00 outgoing wire fee will be applied to your Bluevine Business Checking account. If you select check payment, a $1.50 fee applies.
What credit cards are supported?
We support Mastercard®, Visa®, and Discover®. At this time, we do not support American Express® with this feature.
When should I use my credit card compared to other payment methods?
Pay when you want, how you want. If you pay by credit card to a vendor who doesn’t accept credit, we’ll make sure they get paid via your selected method: ACH, wire, or check. When you need cash on hand, paying by credit card is the perfect solution. Take advantage of up to 45 days of float until your next credit card billing cycle9. Plus, you can earn points when you use your credit card to pay vendors.10
What type of payments cannot be made using my credit card?
Some payments cannot be paid by credit card. This includes credit card payments to insurance providers, credit card providers, or court-ordered payments.
How do I dispute a credit card bill payment?
If you notice a credit card payment on your account that you did not authorize, please notify your credit card company to initiate the dispute process.
I am not getting the correct rewards with my credit card company. Can you reimburse me for the rewards and/or adjust my rewards?
We recommend you contact your credit card company to have the missing rewards looked into for any adjustments. We are unable to adjust credit card rewards10.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us directly. We’re happy to help.
1 Outgoing wires have a fee of $15
2 Check payments sent from your Bluevine dashboard have a $1.50 fee per check.
3 Each payment made by credit card through Bluevine will have a 2.9% fee. Not all suppliers may accept credit card payments; for example, credit card payments to insurance providers, credit card providers, or court-ordered payments are currently not supported. American Express cards are not supported in this feature.
4 Adding a credit card to your external accounts cannot be done via the mobile app
5 The first and last name reflected on the credit card must match the personal first and last name we have on file for you. If the names do not match, you cannot add the credit card.
6 If you exit out of your Bluevine dashboard during the verification process, the system will not save your credit card and you’ll need to start over. To avoid this, open your credit card account history in a separate browser tab or use your credit card’s mobile app, if applicable.
7 Subject to terms and conditions of your credit card provider. Bluevine does not guarantee any outcome for payments made by credit card.
8 Wires using your Bluevine Business Checking account as a funding source are typically processed the same day when submitted by 3:30PM ET. Wires using your credit card or debit card as a funding source are typically processed the same day if submitted by 3:00PM ET
9 The exact amount of float depends on your credit card’s terms, and may be less than 45 days.
10 Earning Rewards is subject to the terms and conditions of your agreement with your credit card provider.