The following guide will help optimize your dashboard experience.
Once you’ve signed in, you’ll see your Home screen. Here you have easy access to your account information and features.
Note: If your account is new and has a zero balance, you’ll see a banner at the top about adding funds to your account. For more information, check out our article on depositing funds into your account.
- The balances of all of your accounts are displayed here. You can select Add sub-account to add a sub-account. For information on sub-accounts, check out our article on managing sub-accounts
- If you haven’t added an external account, you can do so by selecting Add bank account. If you’ve already added any external accounts they will appear here and will show if they are successfully connected. For more information, check out our article on connecting an external account
- Select Transfer money to transfer money to and from your account
- You’ll see an at-a-glance total of your bills that are due within the next 7 days in this section
- Select Add a bill to add a bill to your account. For more information on adding a bill, visit our article on managing bills from your dashboard
You’ll see an at-a-glance total of any scheduled payments in the next 7 days, as well as any payments that are pending Administrative approval in this section.
- Check out our support article on payment approvals for more information on how payment approvals work
- Select Send payment to send or schedule a payment
- An at-a-glance view of the five most recent transactions on your account appears here
- If you have sub-accounts, you can select them from the Account drop-down menu to view their transactions
- Select View all transactions to be taken to a view of all of your transactions on your account
- Anything that requires your attention, such as payment approvals or any tasks we’ve added to your account will appear on your to-do list
This section shows additional actions you can take on your account such as: inviting your accountant, inviting an additional user, connecting merchant accounts, and connecting to QuickBooks Online
- If you’ve already connected your account to QuickBooks Online, you’ll see a checkmark next to that action
A download link for your bank verification letter will be available in this section for the first 30 days after opening your account
- If the bank or merchant allows, you may use your bank verification letter in place of a voided check to provide your account and routing number so you can receive incoming ACH and wire transfers
- After your first 30 days—if you have transactions that have posted to your account—you’ll see the most recent month’s statements
You can select between your main account or sub-accounts using the drop down menu. Sub-accounts help you keep finances separate for budgeting purposes, so you can set aside money for payroll or taxes and control which accounts vendors can bill.
This shows funds that are currently available for you to use. It includes all posted transactions but doesn’t include pending transactions.
You can access your account and routing number and review your account limits by clicking Account Details.
Here you can easily transfer money between your main Bluevine account, sub-accounts, and external accounts.
Note: To transfer money to an external bank account, you’ll need to add it to your Bluevine dashboard first.
- Click the Transfer Money button
- Select the appropriate bank accounts in the Transfer To and Transfer From fields
- Enter the dollar amount
- Click Transfer
- Review the transaction details
- Click Transfer
- Important note: ACH transfers to/from accounts can take 2–3 business days to be posted. Requests for transfers from your external account initiated via Bluevine may take an additional two business days
You can also transfer money from other accounts you own by initiating the transfer directly from the alternate bank.
You can schedule or send payments using Bluevine’s robust Bill Pay platform.
Click Send Payment
Search for your payee
- You can also add a new payee manually from here
For more information on adding a payee, check out our adding a payee support article
Once you’ve added a payee, enter the Amount and select which account you’re going to Pay From, Payment Method, Frequency, and Send date
- Click Next
- Confirm your transaction details
- Click Send Payment
See Payments below for additional details about how to use the bill pay tool.
As a Bluevine Business Checking customer, you can set up a dedicated Bluevine bills inbox email address to easily forward bills to keep track of, schedule, and pay your bills on time.
You can add new bills, view scheduled or paid bills, and connect to QuickBooks Online through the Bills tab of your Bluevine dashboard.3 For more on how to manage your bills, check out our support article.
The Payments section allows you to send a one-time or recurring payment via wire4, ACH transfer, same-day ACH5 or checks using your Business Checking account, sub-accounts, a linked external bank account, debit, or credit card6.
You can also view your Scheduled and Paid transactions.
The Payees section allows you to manage your Payees. A payee is a person or business who receives payment for goods or services.
You can add a payee manually or you can select one from the Payee Directory. Once you’ve added the payee to your Bluevine dashboard, you can send them a payment.
You’ll find your bank statements, documents you’ve uploaded, and account letters––including your Bank Verification Letter and tax forms––in the Documents section.
Under Statements, you can choose which account you would like to view statements
for by selecting it from the account dropdown menu.
Here you can view or download your Bank Verification Letter.
In this section you can access all your banking agreements, including your Business Checking Account agreement.
Here you’ll find all documents uploaded to your Bluevine dashboard.
In the External Accounts section, you'll be able to link your external bank account(s), debit cards, and credit cards to your Bluevine dashboard.
These are your external bank accounts that you’ve added to your Bluevine dashboard.
- Add, edit, or delete external bank accounts
- Send ACH transfers from connected accounts using the Transfer feature
Use any linked external bank accounts as a source of funds to pay your bills
These are debit or credit cards you’ve added to your Bluevine dashboard.
- Add, edit, or delete connected debit or credit cards
Use your linked debit or credit card as a source of funds to pay your bills
By selecting the Profile icon in the upper right-hand corner, you’ll be able to select Account Details, Help & Contact, or Sign Out
- Update your personal and business information in the Account Details
- Order new checkbooks by scrolling down to Order Checks in Account Details
- Update your sign-in username and password under Sign in & Security
By selecting the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner, you’ll be able to:
- Report that your debit card is lost or stolen under Debit Card
- Manage your alerts and notifications under Alerts
- Invite and manage additional users under Account Access
1 The Home Dashboard is only available on the desktop version of the Bluevine dashboard.
2 The Inbox is only available on the desktop version of the Bluevine dashboard.
3 The Bills tab can only be accessed through the desktop or mobile browser version of the Bluevine Dashboard experience.
4 Outgoing wires have a fee of $15.
5 Same-day ACH payments have a fee of $10. Only an option if the funding source is your Bluevine Business Checking account or a sub-account. Payment must be initiated by 1:15pm ET to be sent the same-day, or it will be sent the next business day.
6 Each Bill Pay with Credit Card transaction will have a 2.9% fee. Not all suppliers may accept credit card payments; for example, credit card payments to insurance providers, credit card providers, or court-ordered payments are currently not supported. American Express cards are not supported in this feature.