During the Bluevine Business Checking account application process, we may request an official document to verify your business. The document will be dependent on your business type and the state or county it operates in.
Below, you’ll find a guide for the documents we accept and tips for getting them reviewed quickly.
If your business is a Corporation or LLC, you will be required to submit documents to validate your business. The name of the exact document you provide will depend on the state or county your business operates in and the business entity type. The documents can be known as the following1:
- Articles of Organization
- Certificate of Formation
- LLC or Corporation
- Certificate of Organization
- Articles of Incorporation
- Certificate of Incorporation
If you are unsure of which document to submit, we recommend contacting your Secretary of State.
If you’re a Sole Proprietor and operate your business under a different name than your legal name, depending on where your business operates, you may be required to legally register your business name to obtain Doing Business As (DBA) documentation.
We will use this documentation to validate your business. The name of the DBA document you provide will also depend on the state or county where your business operates. The most common names for DBA documents are:
- Assumed Name Certificate
- Fictitious Name Certificate
- Trade Name Certificate
If you are unsure which document to submit, we recommend contacting the county you filed your DBA.
If your business is a Limited Partnership (LP), or General Partnership (GP) you will need to provide Partnership Agreement documentation. The agreement document may include but is not limited to the following information.
- The names of all the partners
- Information about the management structure of the partnership
- The partnership rights
- The ownership interests and profit shares of the partnership
- A valid signature from each partner
Of note, some states may require LLP’s partnership agreements to be filed through the Secretary of State. We recommend contacting your Secretary of State for further information.
Important: To ensure successful processing, provide a downloaded or scanned high-quality PDF copy of your document. We may not be able to process picture copies of the document.
What if I can’t provide any of the accepted documents?
If you’re unable to provide any of the accepted documents, we can’t verify your business and will be unable to open your Bluevine Business Checking account. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.
How can I get my documents reviewed quickly?
- Review the information above and upload your document as soon as possible. The sooner you sign in to your Bluevine dashboard and provide the requested document, the quicker our teams will be able to review it.
- Upload the correct document. Ensure you upload one of the accepted documents explained above.
- Upload a clear document. Ensure that your uploaded document is not blurry. We require downloaded or scanned documents as they are much easier to process than photos of documents. If the document is illegible or blurry, it will not be processed.
How do I know if my document has been accepted?
Our team will contact you via email if your document has been approved.
1: This is not an exhaustive or definite list of all business verification documents. We recommend contacting your Secretary of State for further information.