BlueVine’s Payments feature gives you the option to pay vendors using your credit card funds to send them an ACH transfer (ePayment) or a physical check. This feature means you can use your credit card to pay vendors that don't typically accept credit card payments. This support article will outline the steps for setting up Bill Pay with Credit Card and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
How to set up Bill Pay with your Credit Card
Adding Your Credit Card to External Accounts
Before you can use your credit card as a Pay from option within the Payments feature, you’ll need to add your credit card to your external accounts.
- Log into your BlueVine Dashboard.1
- Click External Accounts and then Cards located on the left-hand toolbar.
- Click Add Card, and a small pop-up window will appear.
- Input the requested credit card information.2
- Use the drop-down menu to select the billing address or manually add the billing address.
- Double-check to ensure you’ve input the correct information and then select Add Card, located on the bottom-right of the pop-up window.
Verifying your Credit Card
To verify the credit card, you’ll be required to locate two micro-charges to the credit card from BlueVine. BlueVine will reverse the micro-charges from BV*Temp within 48 hours.
- Review the transaction activity history for the credit card you are verifying.3
- Locate the two micro-charges from BV*Temp within your credit card transaction history
- Document the amounts of the two micro-charges.
- Navigate back to your BlueVine Dashboard.
- Input the micro-charge amounts into the two open fields.
- Before selecting Verify Card, double-check that the amounts you inputted reflect the micro-charges within your credit card transaction history. If you have several attempts of inputting the incorrect amounts, you will receive an error message and will be required to restart the verification process.
- Click Verify Card.
- If the credit card verification was successful, you will receive a message confirming that the credit card has been added to your external accounts. Additionally, you’ll receive an email notification.
- Navigate to External Accounts then to Cards to view the newly added credit card.
- Once you’ve added the credit card to your external accounts, you can only edit the billing address. If you need to edit additional credit card information, first delete the card with the incorrect information and then follow this process again with the new information.
Using Your Credit Card for Bill Pay
Once your credit card has been added to your external accounts, you can use it as a Pay from option within the Payments feature.4 Create a new payment, select the credit card as the Pay from option, or edit an existing payment by selecting the credit card as the option. You can also edit your Payee’s Pay from information to reflect the credit card.
Bill Pay with Credit Card FAQs
Are there any fees associated with using my credit card?
Yes, there is a 2.9% fee per transaction. You will have the option to review the fee amount in the confirmation screen before completing the payment if using your credit card as the Pay from option.
When should I use my credit card compared to other payment methods?
When you need cash on hand, paying by credit card is the perfect solution. Take advantage of up to 45 days of float until your next credit card billing cycle.5 Plus, earn rewards from your favorite card.
What if my vendor doesn’t accept credit cards?
Not a problem! When you send a payment using your credit card, you can designate the payment method as an ACH transfer or a physical check.
ACH transfers (ePayment) can take between 2-3 business days to post.
If you send a physical check, the confirmation screen will indicate the date the vendor will receive the check, generally between 5-7 business days.
What type of payment methods can I send using Bill Pay with a Credit Card?
You can send either an ACH (ePayment) or a physical check using your credit card. ACH transfers take between 2-3 business days to post. Physical checks take between 5-7 business days to be received.
Can I send a wire using Bill Pay with Credit Card?
Our payments feature does not support wire transfers as a payment method. Alternatively, you can send an ACH (ePayment) or a physical check.
What type of payments can I not make using Bill Pay with a Credit Card?
Some payments cannot be paid by credit card. This includes credit card payments to insurance providers, credit card providers, or court-ordered payments.
How do I dispute a credit card bill payment?
If you notice a credit card payment on your account that you did not authorize, you will need to notify your credit card company to initiate the dispute process.
I am not getting the correct rewards with my credit card company. Can you reimburse me for the rewards and/or adjust my rewards?
We recommend contacting your credit card company to have the missing rewards looked into and adjusted. We are unable to adjust the rewards.
If you require further assistance, feel free to contact us directly! We are here to help.
1 Adding a credit card to your external accounts cannot be done via the mobile app.
2 The first and last name reflected on the credit card must match the personal first and last name we have on file for you. If the names do not match, you cannot add the credit card.
3 If you exit out of your BlueVine dashboard during the verification process, the system will not save your credit card, and you’ll need to start over. To avoid this, open your credit card account history in a separate browser tab or use your credit card’s mobile app, if applicable.
4 The use of a credit card is governed by the card issuer's terms and conditions. BlueVine is not responsible for such terms and conditions.
5 The exact amount of float depends on your credit card’s terms and may be less than 45 days.