How to Send a Wire Payment from your Bluevine Dashboard
A wire transaction is generally the fastest method to transfer funds electronically. It allows you to send funds directly to an external bank account, usually within one business day1. The fee amount for a wire initiated from your dashboard is based on your plan type (see the table below).
Note: We don’t accept international wires at this time.
How to submit a wire payment:
- Sign in to your Bluevine Dashboard2
- Navigate to Checking on the left-hand menu
- Click on Send Payment
- Search for your saved payee and select them
- You can also add a new payee manually from here
- For more information on adding a payee, check out our adding a payee support article
- Select which account you would like to pay from on the Pay from drop-down menu
- Note: You can select your main and sub-accounts, external bank accounts, or credit and debit cards you've added to your Bluevine dashboard as the Pay from source.
- Note: You must add your card information before you can use it as a funding source.
- Insert payment amount and bill details
- Choose the payment method (Wire), frequency, send date, memo to payee (optional), attach a bill (optional), add an approver (optional), then click Next
- Select whether or not to send an email to the payee alerting them of the payment
- Verify the inputted information, and then click Send Payment
You may be required to input information regarding your payee the first time you send the wire payment. The requested information may include:
- Length of relationship with payee: The amount of time you have been doing business with the payee.
- Your relationship to the payee: How do you know the payee? (e.g., vendor, employee, business partner, etc.)
- Expected frequency of payment: How often do you expect to send payments to the payee? (You will not be prevented from sending wires more than this input amount in the future.)
- Maximum payment amount expected: The maximum payment amount you anticipate wiring to the payee. (You will not be prevented from sending wires above this input amount in the future.)
- Payee Category Question: This is a brief description that describes the service this payment covers.
- Date: This is the date that the service the payment applies to took place. This has no impact on when the payment will be sent to the payee.
- Invoice Number: The invoice number for the wire payment, if applicable.
Wire Processing Times3 4
|Funding Source||Processing Time|
|Bluevine Business Checking account||Typically processed the same day when submitted by 3:30pm ET|
|Credit card or debit card||Typically processed the same day if submitted by 3pm ET|
|External bank account||Typically process within 3–4 business days|
How to Send a Wire to your Bluevine Business Checking Account
You’ll use or provide the following information when initiating a wire transfer from an external account to transfer money to your Bluevine Business Checking account.
Incoming wires will be posted to your Bluevine Business Checking account the same day if received by 5 pm ET/2 pm PT.
Sponsor Bank Name
Coastal Community Bank
Sponsor Bank Address
5415 Evergreen Way
Everett, WA 98203
Your business name—as listed in your Bluevine Business Checking account—your doing business as name (DBA), or any additional owners listed on your account
Use the account number listed in your online portal for your Bluevine Business Checking account.
Incoming wires should post to your Bluevine Business Checking account the same day if received by 5pm ET/2pm PT.1
For information on how to add funds to your account, visit our article on depositing funds.
1 Wires using your Bluevine Business Checking account as a funding source are typically processed the same day when submitted by 3:30PM ET. Wires using your credit card or debit card as a funding source are typically processed the same day if submitted by 3:00PM ET.
2 These steps are only applicable to the desktop version of the Bluevine Dashboard
3 Wire Transfers are not processed on weekends or Federal Reserve holidays.
4 Outgoing wire payments that exceed account limits as outlined in the account agreement, may be delayed and/or declined.