What is a mobile deposit?
Mobile deposit allows you to deposit checks from the comfort of your home or office. All you need is the BlueVine mobile app (available in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play store), a properly endorsed check, and a well-lit area.
What is a properly endorsed check?
Before endorsing your check, please verify that the check is made out to you, the business owner, or the legal business name and is an acceptable check.
Next, you’ll need to endorse the back of the check. Please sign your name or print your business name on the signature line. Below that, write “For mobile deposit to BlueVine only”.
How do I use mobile deposit?
To use mobile deposit, open the BlueVine app on your smartphone. On the home screen, click Deposit Checks. Enter the check amount, then click take a photo. You will need to take a photo of the front and back of the checks. Our app uses auto capture to identify the check, so you don’t need to worry about getting the perfect picture! Be sure to follow the instructions on the screen to move closer or further away from the check, and to have the proper lighting.
Once both images are complete and the check amount has been entered, click Deposit. If your check is approved for deposit it will post to your account within six business days for new clients or clients with limited account activity. For existing clients, your check will post within two business days.
When can I use a mobile deposit?
You can use a mobile deposit at any time, assuming your account is in good standing. However, currently, you cannot deposit checks over your 30-day rolling limit.
How long does it take for funds to be available after using a mobile deposit?
For new clients, your funds should be available within six business days. For existing clients, your funds may be available sooner. You will receive an email with the anticipated deposit date for your check.
What types of checks can I deposit using mobile deposit?
Checks should be made payable to your legal business name, current, and within your deposit limit. We cannot accept the following:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the business owner or the business registered to Account (i.e., third party checks)
- Checks payable jointly to the business and any other person(s) or business (i.e., made out to ABC Company *and* John Smith)
- Checks containing alterations, illegible items, fraudulent checks, or checks Customer should have known or have reason to believe were fraudulent
- Checks that have been previously deposited at another institution via physical item, image, or electronic funds transfers
- Checks from financial institutions located outside the United States
- Checks not payable in U.S. dollars
- Checks that are more than six (6) months old (i.e., stale-dated)
- Checks that are post-dated (i.e., payable on a date in the future)
- Checks where Date is indistinguishable or absent
- Remotely created checks (a check created by a merchant with a buyer’s checking account number on it, but without the buyer’s original signature)
- Traveler's checks and savings bonds
- Non-negotiable instruments, such as promissory notes
- Starter checks or counter checks (checks from a teller window)