When using bill pay, you can send a physical check1 as the payment method for a small fee of $1.50. We will issue, endorse, and securely mail the bill pay check to the payee’s address on file. Once the payment is initiated, you can track the status of the bill pay check by selecting the three dots and then View next to the payment.
Bill pay check processing times will depend on the funding source of your payment. See the table below for more information.
|Funding Source||Processing Time|
|Bluevine Checking Account||5-7 business days|
|Credit Card2 / Debit Card||6-8 business days|
|External Bank Account(s)||8-10 business days|
Note: If you entered the payee’s bank and routing numbers when creating your payee, or if you selected the payee from the directory list, you won’t have the option to send them a bill pay check; instead, the payment will be sent electronically.
To send a bill pay check, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Bluevine Dashboard
- Navigate to Checking on the left-hand menu
- Click on Send Payment
- Search and select the payee
- A new payee can be manually added here
- For more information on adding a payee, check out our adding a payee support article
- Select which account to pay from on the Pay from the drop-down menu.
- Choose from main and sub-accounts, external bank accounts, or credit and debit cards added to your Bluevine Dashboard
- Insert the payment amount
- Choose the payment method (check), frequency, and send date, and then click Next
- Verify the information, and click Send Payment
1 Payments are not processed on weekends or Federal Reserve holidays.
2 Each Bill Pay with Credit Card transaction will have a 2.9% fee. Not all suppliers may accept credit card payments; for example, credit card payments to insurance providers, credit card providers, or court-ordered payments are currently not supported. American Express cards are not supported in this feature.